Marching Orders for WIN Communications and Writers Information Network

Mission Statement: "Help me, O God, to do my best to help other people to accomplish and to achieve, knowing that their contribution is what God is trying to give the world." --from Florence Sims, 1873-1923, who started the YWCA. (Claimed for WIN, November 15, 2004)



Mandate: "Now go and write these words. Write them in a book. They will stand until the end of times as a witness" (Isaiah 30:8 NLT).



Message: "The Lord gives the Word [of power]; the women who hear and publish [the news] are a great host" (Psalm 68:10-11 AMP).






Saturday, January 1, 2011

Becoming Who We Are To Be

We are becoming who God created us to be.

I believe that my life is more likely to be assessed in the long run by the relationships I invested in than by the success of the organizations and writers conferences I have led, books I have written or edited, or money and things I have accumulated.

I believe you and I have more to do in our lifetime. If God was through with us working for him here on earth, he would call us home.

God is calling us--perhaps to go into new unknown territory this year. And with fear and some anxiety we wonder: Am I ready? Am I prepared for this? Am I walking into deep water that will be way over my head?

We may feel like Moses and need to remember: God's mighty hand will be holding onto us on each step of our winding path on our new journey.

Moses and God had a conversation about the new journey Moses was to take:

Moses said to the Lord, "You have been telling me, 'Take these people up to the Promised Land.' But you haven't told me whom you will send with me. You call me by name and tell me I have found favor with you. Please, if this is really so, show me your intentions so I will understand you more fully and do exactly what you want me to do. Besides, don't forget that this nation is your very own people." And the Lord replied, "I will personally go with you, Moses. I will give you rest--everything will be fine for you." Then Moses said, "If you don't go with us personally, don't let us move a step from this place"(Exodus 33:12-15 NLT).

This year we will learn new things and have new opportunities we've never experienced before. God has many ways of leading and guiding us into his perfect will.

Our growth in Christian character and service for him will likely include: new relationships, new places of ministry, new ability to pray, new avenues of praise, new adventures of faith, new steps of obedience, and new ways of expressing his love to others.

May we in all our ways submit to him--and then he has promised to direct and make straight our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this challenge. I am eager to see what God has planned this year, as I am learning to wait for his plans, not create my own and then seek His approval stamp!

    ReplyDelete