Marching Orders for WIN Communications and Writers Information Network

Mission Statement: "Help me, O God, to do my best to help other people to accomplish and to achieve, knowing that their contribution is what God is trying to give the world." --from Florence Sims, 1873-1923, who started the YWCA. (Claimed for WIN, November 15, 2004)



Mandate: "Now go and write these words. Write them in a book. They will stand until the end of times as a witness" (Isaiah 30:8 NLT).



Message: "The Lord gives the Word [of power]; the women who hear and publish [the news] are a great host" (Psalm 68:10-11 AMP).






Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Self Can Emerge

"We too may live a new life" (Romans 6:4 TNIV).

"In the midst of change, where previous certainties and securities slip away, a new self can emerge. While we may grieve over what we have lost, we can also rejoice in the new things that we are discovering about ourselves." -- Charles Ringma (Dare to Journey with Henri Nouwen)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

God's plan may not take you in the direction you were expecting. It may not "fit" the dream you've seen of your life. But when you trust him and take the next step of obedience according to his will, you can be assured he is working out the plans for your life.

God has said, "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them" (Isaiah 42:16 TNIV).

"There are many events in our lives over which we have no control. However, we do have a choice either to endure trying times and press on or to give up. The secret of survival, whether or not we question God's presence or His ability to help us, is remembering that our hope is in the fairness, goodness, and justice of God. When we put our trust in the character of a God who cannot fail us, we will remain faithful. Our trust and faithfulness produce the endurance that sees us through the "tough stuff" we all face in this life." -- Elaine Wright Colvin (Treasure of God's Virtues)

God, you're leading me.
With confidence I face my day,
Every duty and interruption
are appointments
you've sent my way.
--Elaine Wright Colvin

No comments:

Post a Comment